1.02.2012

the making of a french 75.

So.

My blog's namesake. What is it you ask?

Simply put -  it's the tastiest, kick in the pants, cocktail around. At least as far as I'm concerned...

It gets its name from a French field gun, yielding very much the same punch, due to the powers of the combined liquors.

Here's what you need:
- Gin
- Fresh lemon juice (it really makes all the difference)
- Simple syrup ( it's really easy and cheap to make)
- Cold Champagne (I recommend Brut... it's not sweet and has the best flavor in my opinion)


( The Psychopedia)


- The instructions above are pretty accurate (though I made some modifications)... and I thought their diagram was adorable.

Jess' French 75 Recipe - 

1. Fill up a shaker with ice.
2. Add 1.5 oz of Gin
           1 tbs. (0.5 oz) of Simple Syrup
            1.5 oz of lemon juice
3. Shake. Shake. Shake.
4. Pour into a Champagne glass, and top with 4 oz of chilled Champagne. (You can use a collins glass, but who doesn't prefer a champagne flute or coupe?)
5. No garnish necessary - Unless you feel fancy. Then garnish with a lemon twist.

Voila! Cocktails are served!

For my future bar... I'm lusting after these bad boys:

Banded Champagne Coupe - West Elm

1 comment:

  1. God, those coupes are amazing. But seriously, how do you not spill?!

    ReplyDelete